Bridge Center Class Rental Policy
This policy covers the use of our Bridge Center (BC) for bridge classes by an independent teacher (not unit-sponsored) and can be a single session (one day) or multi-session, both referred to here as a “class”. Rental of the club shall be governed by this policy. All teacher rentals require the approval of the Education Chairman. A Rental shall not exceed four hours, includes only the Banquet Room, and may not use any club services or supplies (except as listed below).
Class rentals can be requested up to 6 months in advance of the start date. Teachers will be given access to our Educational Calendar to check availability. All approved classes will be entered onto our Educational Calendar, given announcement space on our website, paloaltobridge.com, and announced in our monthly newsletter, The Kibitzer, if space is available.
Class Rental BC Fee
$3 per student, per class, per session
- If the teacher agrees to offer their class to school students (K-12, college, graduate) for half price, the rental fee for those students is $1.50 per class.
- Class BC fees for entire mult-session classes are due to the Board Treasurer by the 3rd session for students who pay for the entire class. For students joining after the 3rd session, fees for the rest of the class are due upon enrollment. Fees for those students who pay by the session (drop in) are due by the end of the class. If students drop out after having paid for the entire course, their participation in each session reverts to drop in fees.
- Class BC fees for one day classes are due within 5 days of the class.
Duties of Rentee
- Tea, coffee, and the use of the kitchen is included in the rental rate. Cups, dishes and utensils used by participants should be run through the dishwasher (90 seconds) and restocked. Chairs, bidding boxes, and Bridge Pads, if moved, should be replaced as originally found. Any litter should be picked up.
- If this is the first event of the day, rentee unlocks the front door, turn on lights, makes coffee and hot water.
- If this is the last event of the day, the lights should be turned off, hot water makers unplugged, and the building’s exits locked.